Peace is Every Step [Book]
By: Thich Nhat Hanh
Book Overview: In the rush of modern life, we tend to lose touch with the peace that is available in each moment. World-renowned Zen master, spiritual leader, and author Thich Nhat Hanh shows us how to make positive use of the very situations that usually pressure and antagonize us. For him a ringing telephone can be a signal to call us back to our true selves. Dirty dishes, red lights, and traffic jams are spiritual friends on the path to “mindfulness”—the process of keeping our consciousness alive to our present experience and reality. The most profound satisfactions, the deepest feelings of joy and completeness lie as close at hand as our next aware breath and the smile we can form right now.
Post(s) Inspired by this Book:
- 13 Powerful Thich Nhat Hanh Quotes on Happiness, Anger, and Peace
- Focus on what’s going RIGHT – The Power of Mindfulness [VIDEO].
- Don’t Miss the Flower – A Short Zen Story from Thich Nhat Hanh
- How to Handle Your Anger – A Mindfulness Exercise from Thich Nhat Hanh
- Pillow Punching – Good or Bad for Anger Management?
- How To Live More Mindfully – The Fourteen Mindfulness Trainings of the Order of Interbeing